Today, the Boston Convention & Exhibit Center announced the launch of a proprietary application for iPhone and iTouch users that combines center navigation with a robust set of add-ons including built-in social networking capability. Named “myBCEC,” the application is a personal concierge for your phone with information about wayfaring around New England's largest building, local restaurants, hotels, and retailers, transit and travel information, and a custom Twitter client designed specifically for events.
The iTunes application description notes that “the myBCEC app is a mobile concierge for visitors to the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, one of the Top 10 convention centers in the nation. The myBCEC application combines networking and navigation in one united platform." Features include:
- Wayfinding around New England’s largest building
- Nearby restaurants, hotels, retailers,
- A Twitter client customized for events
- Real-time transportation information for departing flights from Logan Airport, MBTA (subway) alerts and traffic alerts; and
- Visitor information about the venue.
With this app, Boston is leading the way in becoming more accessible to visitors through their mobile devices. Other centers are sure to follow. The app is compatible with iPhone and iTouch, and available to download for free at: